Kelly Services Bench Scientist II in Pearl River, New York
Job Title: Bench Scientist II
Primary role description:
• The Bench Scientist II is a highly motivated and pro-active cancer biologist or immunologist, who will support and assist colleagues. The candidate should have experience in the following methods: tissue culture, western blotting, flow cytometry, ELISA, mouse tissue dissociation, and in vitro cytotoxicity screening for evaluation of the activity and safety of pre-clinical drug candidates. In addition to high technical competence, the individual must understand and articulate the principles that underlie technology.
• Execute experiments to further project goals. Contribute original ideas and participate in project planning and assay trouble shooting.
• Should be capable of multitasking priorities and demonstrating problem solving skills in the planning and execution of objectives.
• Interpret and summarize experimental data. Participate in the evaluation of new methods or technologies.
• Present experimental results and discuss methods at weekly/monthly group meetings.
• Maintain laboratory notebook in a detailed and descriptive manner. Keep current in entries into the strains and vector databases.
• Work and communicate closely with other Pearl River colleagues and give support in the laboratory by performing routine laboratory duties that can include preparation of media, stocking of reagents, ordering supplies. The candidate should be able to work independently but also work efficiently as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree and 1+ years of relevant laboratory experience or Master’s degree in immunology, cancer cell biology, or related field with is required. Experience in multi-color flow cytometry, cell sorting, ELISA, tissue dissociation, and western blotting technologies are an advantage.
• At least 1 year of laboratory experience in an industrial or academic setting, preferably in an immunology or cancer immunobiology group.
• Demonstrate proficiency in a variety of with sterile tissue culture technique.
• Ability to effectively and positively interact and collaborate with other scientists, both within the group and together with other groups; excellent communication and interpersonal skills essential.
• Familiarity with standard laboratory methods in immunology, cell biology and ability to work semi-independently, adept at using personal computers – including word processing, spreadsheets, PRISM, PowerPoint and other relevant scientific software, motivated, flexible and willing to learn new skill sets.
• Ability to develop and perform functional immune cell assays and interest in learning and developing new techniques and skills.
• Physical/mental requirements: Sitting, standing, walking, and repetitive procedures, light lifting; ability to analyze data and design experiments and present scientific concepts to colleagues.
• Adherence to all safe work practices and working within defined biosafety requirements.
12 month contract
Pay rate: $27-30/hour
Please send your resume to Kynzie.firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this opportunity. Thank you!
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm