Securitas Security Services USA Instructional Designer in Parsippany, New Jersey
JOB SUMMARY:Provides support to the Region in training, organizational improvement and performance enhancement. Supports Securitas Center for Professional Development by creating new material or adapting existing instructional material to various media (e.g. adapting classroom material to Flash-based e-learning media, adapting Flash-based content to self-study books, etc.).
- Analyzes learning characteristics, tasks to be learned, and needs and goals and develops an instructional approach or a delivery system to meet those needs.
- Researches, collects and organizes instructional content from various sources for use in instructional programs.
- Develops instructional specifications, using learning and instructional theory to ensure the quality of instruction.
- Develops instructional materials and activities, and tries out and evaluates the instruction and learner activities.
- Utilizes instructional theories such as behaviorism, constructivism, social learning, and cognitivist to help shape and define the outcome of the instructional materials.
- Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred/high school diploma required
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible business experience related to both individual and organizational performance improvement
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company, may be substituted
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Advanced knowledge of effective performance improvement and training methods and processes.
- Skill in directing and implementing change initiatives in a multi-site organization.
- Presentation and group facilitation skills, including adaptation to various audiences such as first-line employees, management and customers, and providing graphic and narrative interpretations and explanations of quantitative and qualitative information.
- Skill in analyzing, modeling, and synthesizing a variety of data and developing recommendations and solutions.
- Strong research, proofreading, writing and editing skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Skill in the use of standard office productivity, training and project management software.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively
- Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently.
- Skill in planning, organizing, monitoring and ensuring achievement of milestones in projects or assignments, including elements performed by team members and collaborators.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Ability to be an effective team member
Working Conditions and Physical/Mental Demands
With or without reasonable accommodation, a candidate must have the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions described. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Computer usage.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Directing, motivating, training, and coaching staff in a positive manner.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work primarily performed in an office environment
Please note: Internal applicants must first notify their immediate supervisor before forwarding their resume/application
Date Posted: 2/26/2018
Job Code: 8499
Country: United States of America