Panasonic Director of Sales – Visual Systems in Newark, New Jersey
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Has primary responsibility to manage & direct the sales force & vertical business development team to achieve short and long term sales, profit and growth objectives for the organization’s products (projectors & professional displays). Tracks sales performance against objectives and informs management of results. Develops & implements National business strategy.
• Manage 3 regional sales territories, as well as business development personnel in the key verticals such as Rental & Staging, Corporate, Government & House of Worship.
• Establish & implement strategies and tactics to achieve &/or exceed monthly, quarterly & annual sales goals.
• Manage and strategically grow the visual systems sales and market share within top integrators, partners & end users
•Align and communicate with Product Management/Business Strategies/Business Unit/other Visual & Imaging sales teams to insure cohesive go to market strategies and programs are well coordinated
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with key end users and partners
• Working with each Region Manager & each Vertical Manager create and implement the overall long term strategy for each territory/vertical.
• Continually drive the strategy to the sales team through strong management of the regional sales and vertical business development teams.
• Develop clear and concise annual and mid-term plan for the business including sales volume, expenditures, and profit or loss targets and, for the mid-term, strong product development plan.
• Develop a clear strategic plan to grow market share of all visual systems products and solutions (Projector, Display etc.). Constantly searching for new markets and partners for growth and differentiation.
• Ability to provide accurate sales forecasts is critical. Create sales forecast 30-120 days out based on analysis/interpretation of general economic environment, specific market trends, sales / pipeline data, etc.
• Working with all business functions and review market analysis to determine customer needs, volume potential, prices, and develop sales/marketing campaigns to accommodate the goals of the Business Plan.
• Establish the appropriate measurement tool to periodically ensure attainment of Business Plan and quota sales, profit and inventory targets. Report progress to executive management.
• Align the verticals with the key integrators to ensure direct Panasonic representation at key end user customers
• Responsible for achievement of business plan profit through control of expenditures as well as gross margin on sales.
• Responsible, in conjunction with Marketing Department, for developing, introducing & evaluating sales
• Establish and drive an autonomous and entrepreneurial Territory Management mindset
• Establish Key Performance Indicators (“KPIs”), ensure team is meeting all KPI’s, using Salesforce CRM effectively, & take swift action on those not meeting standards
• Manage, develop and drive strong pipeline.
• Visit key reseller & end-user executives promoting Panasonic from an executive level
• Participate in shows, presentations and training events in the field
• Keep current on new technical information and make suggestions to advance sales
What You’ll Bring:
Manage organization of 35 – 40 with 6+ direct reports.
Responsible for sales of $175M Education & Experience :
4 year degree equivalent, Masters preferred
Minimum of 7 years sales management experience is required. Visual solution industry knowledge is a plus.
Experience with both Channel Management and direct end user selling is advantageous.
Problem Solving :
- Ability to thoroughly understand and manage all aspects of a business unit, including P/L implications of decisions.
Strong communicative, interpersonal, presentation and negotiating skills required. Strong Leadership skills.
Both strong written and verbal skills required to effectively communicate with all levels HQ Operations, Customers, Resellers, Sales, Business Unit Engineering & Management and other internal shared services resources
Other Requirements :
Microsoft Office software suite
CRM software (Salesforce preferred)
SAP software beneficial
Heavy travel required
Strong integrity/compliance mindset
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.