JPMorgan Chase CFS Prod Dev Target Op Model BA – Associate/VP in New York, New York
CIB – Investor Services– Custody & Fund Services Product Development:
Associate (602)/VicePresident 603 – C&FS Target Operating Model: Business Analyst
About J.P. Morgan Corporate &Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $23 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Custody and Fund Services
Custody and Fund Services (C&FS), is a global industry leader with $23 trillion in assets under custody. J.P. Morgan provides innovative custody, fund accounting and administration and securities services to the world’s largest institutional investors, alternative asset managers and debt and equity issuers. J.P. Morgan’s Custody and Fund Services business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as collateral management and alternative investment services.
The C&FS Product Development team is responsible for the management of the C&FS Business Simplification program covering the simplification, standardization and optimization across People, Process and Platform in support of the breadth of the C&FS products. The program works in conjunction with the delivery of the C&FS Strategy covering the C&FS change portfolio of over 180 separate platform programs.
This position is for an experienced Business Analyst to provide strategic business analysis services in the delivery of an end to end Target Operating Model (TOM) for one of the key Simplification workstreams. The successful candidate will be adept at reviewing assigned business processes from end-to-end to identify and address operational, financial and technological risks, and communicate their findings through standard business process documentation. They will identify opportunities to improve efficiency, and will communicate clearly at all levels, engaging with senior stakeholders for strategic steer, and processing staff for the detail to shape the Target Operating Model. The Target Operating Model Business Analyst will report to the program lead. Responsibilities will include:
· Interim and Target Operating Model design and delivery – including strategy definition, options analysis, development and execution
· Engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders across Product, Operations, (including the Middle Office), Client Service and Technology to elicit current and target state requirements
Developing astrong understanding of the processes and responsibilities of all thoseinvolved in the business workflow
Developingthe end-to-end Target Operating Model (TOM), including Interim OperatingModel (IOM)
Mappingthe current Operating Model covering:
o Capabilities and headline products
o End-to-End Processes
o Organizational structure
o Technology Architecture
o MIS and strategy generation across the Business, Operations and Technology
o External business partners (legal, Compliance, HR, Credit, Risk)
· Report to Business Heads where their operating models are not aligned to the C&FS TOM.
1) Conduct assessments of current state processes, organizational structure, systems and controls and document analyses in process maps and gap assessments
2) Elicitation and documentation of current state and future state models, data definition, data matrices, use case development, and business requirements
3) Direct the strategic thinking and develop an approach and structure to the analysis required to achieve key deliverables
4) Consulting with teams to establish metrics & implement effective systematic/repeatable MIS reporting processes
5) Participate in strategy discussions to define the future interim and target state operating models
6) Conduct research to determine if solutions to business needs currently exist within or outside of CIB, firm, and/or within the market
7) Author business requirements documents, monitor system development activities and document user acceptance testing plans and scripts for technology implementations
Liaise with technology partners to ensure implementation is consistent with business requirements by leading UAT planning, test case documentation and defect tracking
· Previous experience in large process improvement/ re-engineering programs
· Extensive experience in Financial Services, Operations or Technology with a strong focus on Business Analysis and Change management
· Distinctive problem solving skills, such as experience with a top management consulting firm. Financial Institutions Group (FIG) experience preferred
· Continuous Improvement Drive
· Detail oriented, logical and structured approach to planning and problem solving and decision-making
· Strong data analytics – advanced ability to analyse and interpret data, ability to identify themes, strengths and opportunities.
· Ability to communicate clearly and confidently, and influence internal and external senior stakeholders
· Risk and controls awareness
· Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the big picture
· Advanced MS Office skills – Excel, Access, Word, Visio and PowerPoint
· Ideally holds a BA certification from a recognized internal or external body demonstrating a commitment to maintaining recognized BA standards.
· Problem solving skills - Superior ability to structure and scope complex problems, apply a range of analytical tools, gain and synthesize insights and develop solutions
· Ensure completeness of all scope items with mapping to business requirements
· Motivated self-starter who networks effectively and is tenacious in achieving results
· Strong time management skills, with an ability to multitask and work under pressure
· Good knowledge of the Products and clients served by C&FS are an advantage
· The role is based in New York; however the post holder should be prepared to engage with colleagues across regions and time zones.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.