Rutgers University Senior Program Coordinator (Multiple positions available) in New Brunswick, New Jersey
Rutgers School of Management and Labor Relations (SMLR) is the leading source of expertise on the world of work, building effective and sustainable organizations, and the changing employment relationship. The school is comprised of two departments—one focused on all aspects of strategic human resource management and the other dedicated to the social science specialties related to labor studies and employment relations—with faculty from a wide variety of disciplinary backgrounds.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Senior Program Coordinator for the NJ Talent Development Center at the School of Management and Labor Relations. The incumbent in this position is responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing the strategy, structure and running of the New Jersey Talent Development Center, which entails building high-quality partnerships with management and employers at healthcare facilities, such as hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living, home care organizations, and ambulatory care facilities.
Among the key duties of the position are the following:
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with various public and private higher education institutions to assess curricular requirements, modifications, or innovations in their healthcare and allied health programs.
- Develops curricula based on proposed career pathways, works with community colleges on articulation agreements, works with CTE training schools.
- Recruits candidates from one-stop centers.
- Coordinates training with employers for incumbent workers, performs needs assessments, conducts benchmark tracking analysis, ROI analysis
- Runs various training programs, committee meetings
- Researches and analyzes data to create reports and investment proposals to meet employers’ needs.
- Articulates and presents to employers and other stakeholders on progress, results and action plans related to the TDCs activities.
- Identifies and tracks competitive programs and benchmarks.
- Monitors the performance of various deliverables through follow-up with clients.
- Coordinates with the Talent Development Center (TDC) to define new curricula and pathways needed to meet employers’ needs and LWD directions.
- Communicates and records program progress and issues with management.
- Provides stakeholders with monthly dashboards, strategic plans, industry intelligence reports, workforce development ideas, quarterly and yearly reports.
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in healthcare, management or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- A minimum of two years of experience in program coordination, project management and an administrative function that includes coordination of work and management of people
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience that clearly demonstrates skill in program design, organization and execution
- Demonstrated skill in coordination, organization, facilitation, report analysis, writing, and promotion/outreach
- Excellent communication skills
- Competency in use of Microsoft applications including Publisher, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as social media
- Master’s degree in a healthcare or related field
- Experience that clearly demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the center’s roles and mission
- Grant-writing capability is a plus
- Microsoft Office suite
- Candidate must become familiar in using university-specific software programs including those in Cornerstone (purchasing, HCM, etc.).
- Multiple positions available
Recruitment/Posting Title: Senior Program Coordinator (Multiple positions available)
Job Category: Staff & Executive - Administrative & Support
Department: SMLR - Dean's Office
Position Status: Full Time
Daily Work Shift: Day
Annual Minimum Salary: 52557.000
Annual Mid Range Salary: 65441.500
Annual Maximum Salary: 78326.000
Standard Hours: 37.50
Union Description: URA-AFT Administrative
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment: Staff - 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility: ABP
Posting Number: 18ST0275
Posting Open Date: 02/02/2018
Regional Campus: Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus: Livingston (RU-New Brunswick)