Rutgers University Senior Manager, Financial Systems Reporting and Analytics in New Brunswick, New Jersey
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766 and having celebrated a milestone 250th anniversary in 2016, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 67,000 students and 22,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Senior Manager for Financial Systems Reporting and Analytics for the Office of the University Controller. Reporting to the director of financial information systems, the incumbent in this position serves the Office of the University Controller, the broader University Finance and Administration departments, the central administrative units and the chancellor’s offices in the planning, design, development, launch and overall function of the university’s financial reports. The responsibilities of the Senior Manager include report design, development and function; project management; improvement and upgrades; and supervision of staff.
Among the key duties of the position are the following:
- Reviews existing business processes for opportunities to streamline information in regards to reporting and analysis; collaborate in the planning, development and deployment of existing financial systems and new applications.
- Develops, designs, tests and manages operational processes related to business requirements.
- Partners with business and technical partners, system owners, decision-makers and end users to define application design requirements, and identify additional financial reporting and analysis solutions.
- Oversees testing scenarios and report readiness for migration to production environment.
- Effectively oversees the translation of business requirements to technical specifications/IT requirements.
- Troubleshoot data, reporting and system issues, and analyze trends to proactively prevent issues.
- Understands, analyzes, changes and delivers optimized business solutions for the Finance division; develops business requirements, business process engineering, and evaluations of current systems; employs best-practice methodology and fit/gap input in regards to reporting and analysis.
- Oversee use of various financial management systems, such as Data Relationship Management (DRM), including user security, data import, journal activity and reporting for these systems.
- Leads an integration team of developers and analysts to deliver business results.
- Drives strategic finance system enhancements and process improvement projects that serve the Rutgers accounting and finance operations.
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in accounting or finance, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Five years of progressively responsible accounting experience, including a mix of public accounting and industry backgrounds
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must exhibit strong knowledge of US GAAP/GASB.
- Experience working with an ERP system
- Strong verbal/written communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Proven ability to work independently with good analytical and problem-solving skills around accounting analytics and processes
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Master’s degree
- Ability to develop reports
Recruitment/Posting Title: Senior Manager, Financial Systems Reporting and Analytics
Job Category: Staff & Executive - Finance/Accounting/Purchasing
Department: University Controller
Position Status: Full Time
Daily Work Shift: Day
Annual Minimum Salary: 96529.000
Annual Mid Range Salary: 122180.000
Annual Maximum Salary: 147831.000
Standard Hours: 37.50
Union Description: Admin Assembly (MPSC)
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment: Staff - 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility: ABP
Posting Number: 18ST0908
Posting Open Date: 03/14/2018
Regional Campus: Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus: Off Campus
Location Details: 33 Knightsbridge Rd., Piscataway, NJ