J&J Family of Companies Crisis Communications Specialist in New Brunswick, New Jersey
Johnson & Johnson Global Security is currently recruiting for a Crisis Communications Specialist to support two the Global Security Director who is leading this deployment and serve as the Program Administrator of the company’s Mass Notification technology to include assisting with the intake, training, and onboarding process for new accounts.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The world has become increasingly complex, especially as we seek to respond quickly during an emergency. As such, it is critical that we keep pace to ensure the safety of our employees. Johnson & Johnson prides itself on putting people first, consistent with Our Credo values. Understanding the location of travelers, expats, contractors and employees in an emergency is an important element in upholding our Duty of Care. In an effort to improve the organization’s mass communications efforts, we are deploying a technology at an enterprise level for two distinct purposes: crisis communications and
urgent communications. The system will be deployed first for crisis communications in which Human Resources will be using the system to help locate and account for employees in times of crisis. Following that, the system will be deployed locally for urgent communications, enabling site personnel in Facilities to send out messages about facility conditions, such as inclement weather and power outages.
As the Crisis Communication Specialist, you will:
• Partner with relevant stakeholder organizations on mass notification processes and procedures to include Engineering and Property Services, the Director of EFM Critical Technology, the Director of Crisis Management, Human Resources, and Facilities.
• Serve as the subject matter expert for the Mass Notification technology, locally with knowledge to respond to global queries.
• Maintain the Enterprise mass notifications technology email box and facilitate and coordinate customer support of the system.
• Serve as a L2 support for tickets submitted to the IRIS helpdesk / IT Application Support.
• Prepare and produce communications to business travelers globally and senior level leadership in both proactive and reactive situations.
• Organize and conduct global training classes on Mass Notification technology for regional crisis communications and Human Resources stakeholders.
• Provide crisis management support to those responsible for accounting for the safety of travelers and in country employees in medical and security situations.
• Assist in the development, coordination, distribution and execution of enterprise travel, meeting, and crisis safety products, policies and procedures, as well as applicable training and learning opportunities.
• Serve as the owner of the mass notification portal responsible for content updates.
• Create content relative to the marketing of the enterprise mass notification technology.
• Coordinate and trouble shoot platform issues with IT Application Support and third-party application support stakeholders.
• Create work instructions and frequently asked questions to support the onboarding of new message senders.
• Audit the travel ready security program and update data in the GSOC, as necessary.
• Maintain a database to track the onboarding of new accounts to the enterprise mass notification technology.
• Collect and analyze travel, meeting and event security information and data for monthly reporting and metric purposes.
• Conduct GSOC Tours upon request as part of a department education and marketing initiative to include awareness on the crisis communication, urgent communication, and employee accountability processes.
• Create a Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) certification program for new hire and ongoing training of GSOC Operators relative to the mass notification technology.
• Provide assistance in crisis situations to include being part of the crisis management team and facilitating or assisting with message sending capabilities, preparing accountability reports, and compiling dashboards for senior leaders.
• Crisis assistance responsibilities may require working afterhours, on holidays, weekends, or as needed during the crisis.
• A minimum of High School Diploma is required; a Bachelor’s or higher Degree in emergency management is preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years of crisis communications experience, including communicating with and accounting for employees in a crisis are required.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience as an administrator of a mass notification technology are required.
• Superior writing skills; demonstrated ability to draft and create documents including training manuals, playbooks, procedures, and various presentations to support Global Security Director’s initiatives relative to mass notifications are required.
• Must have the ability to function and use sound judgment in high profile time sensitive situations, and have problem solving skills to handle and prioritize Director’s requests vs. other duties.
• Demonstrated briefing skills and ability to synthesize large volumes of data quickly are required.
• Must have enhanced computer skills and a comfort level with learning new technology.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), mass notification technology, online translation technology, and document storage technology (e.g. SharePoint) is required.
• Must be able to travel up to 5% of the time, mostly to domestic destinations but can include international destinations.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)