JPMorgan Chase Infrastructure Development Lead - Configuration Management in Jersey City, New Jersey
As an experienced Infrastructure Engineering professional, you'll be making decisions of a global, strategic nature that impact our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe. Your expertise in analyzing complex data systems, anticipating problems, and finding ways to mitigate risk, will be key in leading a high performing team to successfully design and navigate the program roadmap. By incorporating your knowledge of business drivers, you will affect change and lead development of innovative improvements and world-class practices. Your team will be responsible for driving results, and implementing multiple, complex programs that span the breadth of the business, and they’ll look to you to provide the technical leadership to move them forward. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team that shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Advanced knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
• Advanced understanding of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design, performance and monitoring, best practices and JPMC policies
• Proficient in multiple infrastructure technologies
• Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget
• Ability to articulate to more experienced management a technical strategy in clear, concise, understandable terms.
• Experience in medium to large enterprise or service provider of a distributed platform.
• Experience implementing highly automated data driven automation.
• Minimum of 5+ years professional experience working with Puppet or equivalent (Ansible, Chef, CFEngine Nova).
• Minimum of 10+ years experience of Redhat in a large, mission critical global production enterprise (1000+ servers).
• Experience of one or both of Solaris or AIX.
• Strong understanding of Unix Security and LDAP.
• Understanding of security best practices for multi-tiered operating systems.
• Advanced scripting abilities with Shell, Perl and Python.
• Programming development skills with C, C++ is a plus.
• Understanding of backup process, system monitoring, performance tuning, disaster recovery, and scripting for Linux, AIX and Solaris based OS.
• Understanding of SAN/NAS technologies and configuration management the OS to support SAN/NAS.
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment and must be able to multi-task and work with minimal guidance.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Oracle clustering and ASM and/or Sybase a plus.
• Results driven, ensuring short-term goals are achieved while supporting long-term initiatives with an appropriate sense of urgency.
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development.
Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.