First Data Director Regulatory Compliance in Jersey City, New Jersey
First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data’s Shared Services organization, which includes the Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Strategy, Compliance, Legal, Security, Sourcing, and Properties functions, supports our mission to drive our clients’ success with industry-leading solutions, consultative advice and service. The Shared Services teams align with our customer-facing teams in a model that drives consistency, yet also provides the flexibility needed to meet unit-specific goals. Our Shared Services employees bring the domain expertise that helps First Data retain and grow our base of owner-associates, drive profitable growth, navigate complex channel partnerships, and build First Data’s brand equity.
Position Description Overview Compliance coverage and program development for new and specialized business verticals, including: Money Transmission, Money Services Business (MSB), casinos, online gaming and related industries. The regulatory compliance officer will be responsible for coordinating with business management. to perform deal reviews and provide compliance guidance and solutions for new and emerging markets within First Data.
Additionally, coordination with Compliance and Business Management. in developing an appropriate compliance governance framework for new and specialized business verticals. Must be capable of working in a high velocity, fast changing environment to manage to shifting priorities, while still maintaining comprehensive and thorough analysis.
* Oversee and support business deal development and/or support of new products and solutions.
* Provide guidance to Buss. Mgt. on various levels, in effectively supporting legal and regulatory compliance programs, processes and procedures as well as accomplishing compliance goals and strategies.
* Develop, implements and enforces policies, procedures, and programs to minimize risk.
* Dive for results in supporting the facilitation of business, with appropriate consideration for effective risk management controls, regulatory compliance and reputational risk considerations. * Review new business opportunities covering a wide range of payment acceptance channels and provide detailed recommendations, financial opportunities, and risk assessments in line with regulatory requirements and First Data strategies. * Provide training on payment acceptance topics and interprets highly technical information for business requirements * Develop, maintain, and manage critical business communications associated with complex regulatory rules or changes. * Support global compliance programs addressing complex problems. * Mitigates risk exposure by identifying activities that poses potential for significant reputations and/or regulatory injury. * May work with high profile clients with a high breadth of responsibility when dealing with business programs and processes. * Escalate critical issues to senior management.
* Operates within established policies and procedures
Job Requirements * CPA, CIA, CIPP, CAMS, CRCM, CFE or other applicable professional certifications desired. * Minimum 8-10 years of relevant Legal or Regulatory Compliance experience. AML and/or regulatory experience with money transmission, Money Services Business (MSB) or related regulatory areas preferred. * Experience related to consumer financial services, or payment services organizations with multiple financial products, or regulatory agency or law firm experience involving payment services compliance topics is also helpful. * Subject matter knowledge or experience with gaming related laws or regulations a plus. * Bachelor's degree, emphasis in general business, Business Administration, Accounting/Finance or Business Law, or equivalent field. Graduate or law degree helpful. * Substantive understanding of the payment processing industry or retail/commercial financial products/services and of various regulations within the banking/financial services industry, including anti-money laundering and money transmission; similar consumer protection laws; * Strong, effective communication, both oral and in writing; must be a strong, decisive, bottom-line and action-oriented manager of people and projects who can obtain results. * Understanding of best practices in the compliance field. * Proven track record of complex problem solving and decision-making ability. * Excellent analytical, project management and interpersonal skills. * Effective leader, who is self-motivated, possesses a strong work ethic and is a demonstrated team player. * Computer proficiency, specifically Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.).
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT) First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.
Title: Director Regulatory Compliance
Location: New Jersey-Jersey City-Jersey-101 Hudson Street
Requisition ID: 2269490
Other Locations: United States-Georgia-Atlanta-Atlan-5565 Glenridge Connector