Parsons Corporation Senior Electrical Engineer in Jamaica, New York
Senior Electrical Engineer
Jamaica, New York, United States
Serves as a Senior Electrical Engineer for the TSSC Project, under the Eastern Region located in Jamaica, NY.
Prepare detailed calculations, drawings, technical specifications, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, detailed analyses, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes.
• Prepare material quality takeoffs and engineering estimates.
• Provide direction to and collaborate with project engineers, project management and installation staff
• Determine requirements using FAA guidelines
• Develop and write construction scopes of work
• Write survey reports and make recommendations based upon information gathered during the site survey and professional judgment.
• Prepare engineering and installation man-hour estimates for all project phases
• Develop and review schedules for assigned projects.
• May be required to provide Professional Engineer’s seal and signature, as appropriate, after assessment of documentation for adherence to all applicable codes, standards, specifications regulatory standards and guidelines for electrical systems and equipments.
• Travel to supplier, client, or construction site locations to inspect various facets of work.
• Research and prepare detailed back up information for construction cost estimates.
• Provide input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and Engineers working on the same project.
• Review supplier drawing submittals, respond to field requests for information and perform technical bid analysesImplement TSSC Safety and Quality programs into design work.
Some travel in the eastern regional area of the US for site surveys, inspections, and meetings.
BSEEfrom an ABET acreditted college.
8-10 years of electrical design and supervision relatedexperience.
Registration as a Professional Engineer is preferred in thediscipline of Electrical or EIT with the goal of obtaining professionallicensing within 1 year of hire.
Working knowledge of FAA standards and specifications ispreferred.
Familiar with construction practices and safe workprocedures.
Previous experience managing multi-disciplinary teams.
Working knowledge of National Codes is required.
Must be able to meet customer security requirements. A background check by Federal Authorities will be performed.
T4 Program Summary: The Federal Aviation Administration(FAA) awarded the Technical Support Services Contract 4 (T4) to Parsons inAugust 2012. Parsons is the prime contractor. This $1.3 billion+ contract has a4-year base period with two 3-year options. The statement of work includes avariety of activities that support the FAA’s Capital Investment Plan (CIP)modernization efforts: Site selection and engineering, construction,environmental and fire/life safety, equipment installation and testing, CAD,and other technical services as required. Work is performed across the nationin each of the FAA’s nine regions as well as the Aeronautical Center inOklahoma City, Oklahoma, and the Technical Center in Atlantic City, New Jerseyand in several U.S. territories. An average staff of 400-500 with a peak staffover 650 supports this contract, in addition to those subcontractors whoperform construction work.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.